[mythtv-users] Ceton InfiniTV 6 ETH testing

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Sun Aug 13 22:56:09 UTC 2017

On 08/13/2017 02:51 PM, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 13, 2017 at 6:24 PM, Doug Lytle <support at drdos.info> wrote:
>

> * Make sure you are using a recent Ceton
> firmware (I think only available on thegreenbutton

The last BETA release was installed, 15.1.13.152

> site, since ceton has mostly disappeared after
> their fiasco) [note that some variants of the
> beta firmware have a memory leak, and you
> have to reboot the Ceton every so often.]

I've seen mention, and have a CRON job in place to reboot once a week.

> * (while you probably did this), make sure you
> have all tuners set to only 1 recording.  I seem
> to recall there are cases where it can default
> badly due to the order of some setup processing.

Thanks for pointing that out, the CETON tuner type under .27 doesn't
offer setting of tuner count.

> * In some parts of Michigan you need a tuning
> adapter with Charter.  It is possible that you are

Thankfully, not in my area!

>> MythTV Version : v0.27.6-28-g6fb800d
> * My recollection was that there were patches to MythTV
> (in the v0.28 branch) that addressed a "slow tuning"
> issue because the Ceton can take more than the 3

In the not so distant future, I'll be testing out 29.

Thank you for your input!

Doug