[mythtv-users] Ceton InfiniTV 6 ETH testing

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Sun Aug 13 18:24:03 UTC 2017

I've recently purchased, off of ebaY, the above tuner because my mother
thinks that 3 concurrent recording from her HDHomeRun Prime is too limiting.

I put it into place last weekend and it seemed fairly straight forward
to setup.  I've got the network tuner Ceton selected in mythtv-setup and
they look like:

[CETON : 192.168.4.26-RTP.0]
[CETON : 192.168.4.26-RTP.1]
[CETON : 192.168.4.26-RTP.2]
[CETON : 192.168.4.26-RTP.3]
[CETON : 192.168.4.26-RTP.4]
[CETON : 192.168.4.26-RTP.5]

LiveTV is set to descend from tuner 5 to 0 and recordings from 0 to 5

The cable card is a Motorola without a Tuning Adapter and the service
provider is Charter, out of Michigan.

As of last Wednesday, she had 5 scheduled programs to record.  Of the 5,
three were zero byte files.  She had a LiveTV stream open on tuner 5.

In the limited testing that I've done, it appears she can only access 3
tuners concurrently of any combination.

I've tested:

3 LiveTV sessions on tuners 3,4,5 will result in zero byte files on
tuners 0,1,2 if I force a record.

3 recordings starting on 0,1,2 will result in the failure of starting
LiveTV.

I was hoping there would be a way to use VLC to test and start up as
many streams as tuners, to verify I don't have a bad Ceton, but VLC will
not run more then one copy of itself, at least on a Linux desktop.

Any suggestions for testing the card would be appreciated,

The backend is running on Ubuntu 14.04.5
The Myth version is compiled from source:

mythbackend --version
MythTV Version : v0.27.6-28-g6fb800d
MythTV Branch : fixes/0.27
Network Protocol : 77
Library API : 0.27.20151025-1
QT Version : 4.8.6
Options compiled in:
  linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_jack using_oss using_pulse
using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_dvb using_frontend
using_hdhomerun using_ceton using_hdpvr using_ivtv using_libfftw3
using_libxml2 using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl using_opengl_video
using_qtwebkit using_qtscript using_qtdbus using_taglib using_v4l2
using_x11 using_profiletype using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
using_bindings_php using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_ffmpeg_threads
using_mheg using_libass using_libxml2