[mythtv-users] Audio issues - New Install

Jerry mythtv at hambone.e4ward.com
Fri Aug 11 20:26:21 UTC 2017

On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 3:08 PM, Karl Newman <newmank1 at asme.org> wrote:

> Maybe you need to disable Pulse Audio... I don't use it, but I think it
> might override alsa.

This can be tricky to do in Fedora and I'm sure it's similar in CentOS.
I've found that:

chmod -x /usr/bin/pulseaudio

works well.  You could put that in /etc/rc.d/rc.local if you wanted or just
do it every time that there is a pulseaudio update (with dnf / yum
upgrade).  An upgrade to pulseaudio will reset the permissions.

It's very difficult to remove pulseaudio without removing tons of programs
that depend on it.  I've actually learned to live with pulseaudio but I'll
run that line again if it ever bothers me in the future.

It is worth a try for now because it's very easy to change the executable
back to normal.

Jerry