[mythtv-users] Some Videos Not Seen by Scan

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Fri Aug 11 02:33:59 UTC 2017

    > Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2017 21:05:17 +0000
    > From: Mark Perkins <perkins1724 at hotmail.com>

    > I wonder if the hash algorithm could be updated to include the file
    > creation date or something else similar to help mitigate this type of overlap?

Probably a bad idea, since those who use "cp" instead of "cp -p" to copy
a file will reset that date.

Since this is such a specialized case (possibly-identical results from
manual runs of ffmpeg while testing something), I wonder if there might
be some other workaround that can be used in that workflow, rather than
by changing mythtv.  ffmpeg and avconv both have the -metadata flag, for
example; perhaps that can be used to embed unique metadata at the start
of the file in a place that the hash will see.  The easiest metadata to
use is probably seconds or nanoseconds since the epoch.