[mythtv-users] who do i contact regarding being blocked from accessing www.mythtv.org?

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Tue Aug 8 17:00:53 UTC 2017

On Wed, 2017-08-09 at 03:12 +1200, Stephen Worthington wrote:
> Or it could even be your own router - if it was somehow blocking that
> IP address.

This is what made me think more deeply about this problem.

There was an incident a week or so ago that resulted in some false
positive fail2ban rules being implemented on what should have been
legitimate SMTP traffic, but instead it was being seen as "not allowed"
and being added to fail2ban blacklisting.

One has to remember that an IP address can be blocked at one's own
router such that one's SYN to that IP address can get out but the
responding SYN-ACK gets blocked coming back in.

Cheers Mr. Worthington for making me think a bit more deeply about
potential causes of this problem.

b.