[mythtv-users] New install - CentOS, Connectivity issues

Ashu Desai ashu.desai at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 00:41:22 UTC 2017

On Mon, Aug 7, 2017 at 6:37 PM, Mark Perkins <perkins1724 at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> >> On the backend what are your folder paths in your video storage group?
> >>
> > /usr/local/media/videos
> >

> >> And what is your NFS mount point / path?
> >>
> > /usr/local/media/videos/English
> >

> IIRC I have previously had issues with mythtv recursion through subfolders
> for movie files and ended up removing the subfolders. Try replacing the
> storage group folder path with /usr/local/media/videos/English
>
> Is the NFS share up before the BE starts?

I mean if I do: ls /usr/local/media/videos/English/ - it shows all the
movies (before I start the frontend)

> Also do:
> namei -lxo /usr/local/media/videos/English

[root at mythmaster ~]# namei -lxo /usr/local/media/videos/English/

f: /usr/local/media/videos/English/
Dr-xr-xr-x root root /
drwxr-xr-x root root usr
drwxr-xr-x root root local
drwxrwxr-x root root media
drwxrwxr-x root root videos
Drwxrwxr-x root root English

> ls -alh /usr/local/media/videos/English

https://pastebin.com/WUWRD6Nk

[root at mythmaster ~]# ls -alh /usr/local/media/videos/
total 12G
drwxrwxr-x.  4 root root 4.0K Aug  7 16:44 .
drwxrwxr-x.  6 root root 4.0K Aug  7 16:44 ..
-rwxrwxr-x.  1 root root 2.2G Jan 17  2014 Alien 4.mkv (Local)
drwxrwxr-x   2 root root  24K Jul 24 22:00 English
-rwxrwxr-x.  1 root root 4.4G Dec 25  2016 Storks.mkv (Local)
-rwxrwxr-x.  1 root root 4.6G Jun 10  2016 Zootopia.mkv (Local)

> I understand your permissions are 755, but is your BE running as root or
> mythtv?

root

> Are you mounting the share through fstab? What are your mount options /
> command line.

No. For testing purpose i am just doing a command line - on my 0.27 BE
where this resides --> /etc/exports
On my newer BE (target) i am doing:

 mount 172.16.10.55:/usr/local/media/4T/Videos/English
/usr/local/media/videos/English

> When it works for local storage what are the permissions on the files (ls
> -alh)?

[root at mythmaster ~]# ls -ahl /usr/local/media/videos/English/Alien\ 4.mkv
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root mythtv 2.2G Jan 17  2014
/usr/local/media/videos/English/Alien 4.mkv

> Are you rescanning for videos after adding / removing the NFS share? The
> BE may just be flat out processing all the changes if there are a lot of
> files.

Yes - i do the rescan.

When I add the NFS - the error starts happening when the scan starts. As I
stated earlier, the error happens when I start the FE on the same box as BE
- so for now I am fixing this on the box and once it starts working I will
try with my remote FE.

--
http://about.me/adesai