[mythtv-users] Problem running mythtv setup

Andréas Kühne andreas at kuhne.se
Mon Aug 7 19:50:39 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I upgraded my mythbuntu box from 12.04 to 14.04 last year. I also upgraded
from 0.27 to 0.28 at the same time. Since then I haven't been able to run
mtyhtv-setup. This hasn't been an issue until now. Now my cable provider
has released their HD channels so that I am able to view them as well
(previously a special type of HD box was required, and I don't think that
it is required any more).

So now I'd like to be able to run mythtv-setup.

I don't get any errors or anything like that, the only thing that happens
is I get the dialog boxes for shutting down mythtv-backend and starting it
later on. In between the mythtv-backend terminal box pops up, but nothing
happens and it shuts down again.

Previously I would get a segfault.

I have the latest version of 0.28 available from mythbuntu installed.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can troubleshoot this or see what is
wrong?

Regards,

Andréas