[mythtv-users] Unable to compile mythtv

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 00:49:43 UTC 2017

On 08/06/2017 07:28 PM, David Hampton wrote:
> On Sun, 2017-08-06 at 18:34 -0500, Bill Meek wrote:
>> On 08/06/2017 06:20 PM, Greg Grotsky wrote:
>>> I'm trying to upgrade my installation of mythtv to the latest. I
>>> usually
>>> use the git repo but sometimes run into issues. This time, I'm
>>> stumped.
>>>
>>> I've just updated to v30-Pre-10-g951e601 and tried to compile. It
>>> gets to
>>> zeromq and shows this:
>>
>> Are you using the --enable-mythlogserver switch with
>> ./configure? If so, then I'd remove it. It's not
>> necessary for logging (was an 'old' 0.26 thing.)
>
> I've seen this on both Fedora 25 and 26, and yes I was using that
> switch.  I do have a patch to fix it if you want, but I like Bill's
> answer better.  Would a patch to remove the old code be welcome?

I *think* zeromq is being kept around in case the project ever
gets restarted. I should have mentioned that the switch was
--disable-mythlogserver (or something close to that) and was
changed to --enable... because the current intent to to leave it
off. Had no idea that using it break the build 'cause I don't use
it. https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythlogserver

Can't answer the patch offer.

--
Bill