[mythtv-users] Separate Frontend - New Install

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Mon Aug 7 00:25:52 UTC 2017

On 7/8/17 7:21 am, mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org wrote:

>>> Could the 'rm -rf  /usr/share/mythtv/*', perhaps as root, reported
>>> earlier,  have prevented installation later?  But I would  expect yum to
>>> report problems in that case, and it sounds as if only the themes folder is
>>> missing.
>>
>> Yup... yum doesn't know the package was effectively removed. The
>> mythtv-base-themes package needs to be reinstalled...
>>
>> $ yum reinstall mythtv-base-themes
>>
> Thank you Richard - that did the themes part
>
> Back to same issue -
>
> https://pastebin.com/A63zybJy
>
> I re-installed mariadb and it connects fine to backend

Trust me! The frontend does NOT need or use mariadb if the backend db is
remote. Trying to setup mariadb on the frontend is moot provided you
setup mythtv with the correct remote db.

I have multiple frontends, including a mac book, some have mariadb some
dont. I have a backend running Suse with a backend I built.

All my frontend do theme correctly by downloading the theme when
selected in myth.
James