[mythtv-users] Separate Frontend - New Install

Ashu Desai ashu.desai at gmail.com
Sat Aug 5 03:35:04 UTC 2017

On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 10:20 PM, Per Hatlevik <jakeisawake at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 9:29 PM, Ashu Desai <ashu.desai at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 5:51 PM, Per Hatlevik <jakeisawake at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Can you connect to the db from the remote frontend?
>>>
>>> Something like
>>>
>>> mysql mythconverg -u mythtv -h 192.168.1.55 -p -e "select count(*) from settings;"
>>>

>>> Obviously replace that ip with the ip of your master backend....
>>>

>> Installed mariadb.x86_64
>>

> the database is a client/server application just like mythtv. the database
> server runs on the mythtv backend server. the remote frontend needs a
> mythtv client and a database client. there was no need to install mariadb
> on the remote frontend (and i would remove it!) all you need is the db
> client which is what the mysql command is. the mysql command can connect to
> mariadb or mysqld so don't be fooled by the name. i assume you installed
> mythtv frontend using an rpm so it should have brought in all the
> dependencies including the mysql/mariadb client. i think you database is
> not accessible over the network and until you fix that it is pointless to
> troubleshoot the frontend. i repeat does this command work or not?
>
>  mysql mythconverg -u mythtv -h 192.168.1.55 -p -e "select count(*) from
> settings;"

[mythtv at mythfe7 ~]$ mysql mythconverg -u mythtv -h 172.16.10.54 -p -e
"select count(*) from settings;"
Enter password:
| count(*) |
|      978 |

(Installed mariadb again - reading around - mariadb IS the cilent version,
and seems mythtv-frontend didn't come with mysql since I don't seem to have
it)