[mythtv-users] Separate Frontend - New Install

Ashu Desai ashu.desai at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 15:28:47 UTC 2017

On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 9:46 AM, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hoi Ashu,
>
> Friday, August 4, 2017, 4:31:28 PM, you wrote:
>
> > Guys
> > So I finally managed to get my BE up on a new CentOS 7.
>
> > My FE:
> > * Zotac Ion with Nvidia
> > * 4 Gb RAM
> > * HDMI out
>
> > I read the wiki and it seems to state that for the FE, I just need
> > to install " mythtv-frontend" package.
> > https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Installing_MythTV_on_Ubuntu
>
> > (I know it says Ubuntu, but I checked Debian wiki and it says same
> > thing. And there IS a mythtv-frontend package so I figured I was in the
> right direction)
>
> > However, it crashes and gives segmentation fault when doing that.
> > It doesn't have the right IP and no config.xml file.
>
> > https://pastebin.com/kCsFkPWP
>
> > I created a config file under /etc/mythtv and here's the mythfrontend
> log
>
> > https://pastebin.com/hDn4QPYw
>
> > Should I be installing the "mythtv" package as well?
>
> If you want to run a frontend on another machine then is running your
> backend, you have to adapt mysql/mariadb to listen on your ip-address.
> By default it doesn't. Check the WIKI on installing external
> frontends.

Yes, I did go to mysql -u -p root mythconverg and did the "grant all on
mythconverg.* to mythtv@"%" identified by "mythtv";

This didn't work either.

This is what I see

2017-08-04 11:16:55.819145 E  MythCoreContext::GetBackendServerIP(): No
address defined for host: localhost
2017-08-04 11:16:55.827508 E  MythSocket(7faf6c094160:-1): Failed to
connect to (::1:6543) Connection refused
2017-08-04 11:16:55.828350 E  Connection to master server timed out.
                        Either the server is down or the master server
settings
                        in mythtv-settings does not contain the proper IP
address

I copied the config.xml from my backend, changed the "local host name" on
first line - still same error.

http://about.me/adesai