[mythtv-users] Brand new install - Mythbackend doesn't start

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 3 01:33:43 UTC 2017

On 03/08/17 09:57, Ashu Desai wrote:

This "working" one is running as slave, I think your IP addressing is still wrong.

Aug 02 16:04:16 mythmaster.localdomain mythbackend[4869]: 2017-08-02 16:04:16.375473 E  MythSocket(9ea740:-1): Failed to connect to (127.0.0.1:6543<http://127.0.0.1:6543>) Connection refused

Aug 02 16:04:16 mythmaster.localdomain mythbackend[4869]: 2017-08-02 16:04:16.377114 N  MythBackend: Running as a slave backend.

How do I address this? this is a brand new install - so all i have done is just install the myth packages and done mythtv-setup. I haven't tried making any slave backend.
mythtv-setup, general, make sure both the Local Backend and Master Backend IP address fields are the same and are 172.16.10.54 (assuming that is the static assigned IP address for your machine).
If the two are different it will assume it is a slave.