[mythtv-users] HVR-2200 as a PVR-500 replacement?

Curtis Gedak gedakc at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 15:48:31 UTC 2017

Regarding the Hauppauge WinTV HVR-2250, I've been able to successfully
record from OTA HDTV broadcasts (720p and 1080i), analog standard
definition cable TV, and also via the composite port (VHS VCR connected
to transfer home recordings).

I have had these cards set up and running successfully with both
Mythbuntu 12.04 and 14.04.

If you need more information and links to firmware then check out my
tutorial at:

Installing Mythbuntu 14.04.1 with MythTV 0.27
http://gedakc.users.sourceforge.net/display-doc.php?name=pvr-install-mythbuntu1404

'Hope that helps.

Curtis