[mythtv-users] HDTV, Damaged on Schedule Direct Listings

Kris B. krisbee at krisbee.com
Fri Apr 28 12:14:58 UTC 2017

I think I know what is happening (at least in my system, and I am the
original poster)...

In mythweb it says damaged when the recording is upcoming.  As soon as
it starts recording, it has the correct listing (no longer says damaged
in the description fields)... And after it is done recording it is fine
as well.

The field that shows up each time that prior had said "damaged" is CC
for closed captioning.  I wonder if Schedules is sending a weird
character set for CC that mythweb isn't recognizing and that's why it
says "damaged", but then subs its own info in at the recording,
basically writing in its own information of the type of
recording/program it is (stereo, HDTV, 720p, etc).

It is a wild stab (without looking at the code; I'm neither a
programmer, or at home at the moment).