[mythtv-users] Smart TV hacks

Anthony Giggins seven at seven.dorksville.net
Thu Apr 27 22:00:58 UTC 2017

On 27 April 2017 at 21:53, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hoi Mike,
>
> Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 7:24:51 PM, you wrote:

> group.

> percent-of-smart-tvs-vulnerable-to-remote-hacking-via-rogue-tv-signals/

> TVs :

> wifi_direct_security_flaw/

> >> Morale: do not plug your TV into the network. Do not give it wifi
> >> credentials.
> >>
> > You're assuming that it wouldn't just go and find an open access
> > point somewhere nearby? I believe
> > there are already gadgets that do exactly that. I must admit, the
> stupidity of some of these IoT
> > engineers frightens me.
>
> I blacklisted Samsung long ago. I have encountered to many weird
> issues with them when trying to help other people.
>
> Tot mails,
>   Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

Speaking of weird Samsung issues, My current samsung 4k screen looses audio
randomly (An older Samsung screen never had this issue connected to the
same hardware) from time to time and the only fix is to disconnect power to
the screen, rebooting the PC (hot or cold). One of the guys I work with
says it probably HDCP related...

Anthony