[mythtv-users] Unexpected gotchas with Digital transmission

Peter Bennett cats22 at comcast.net
Wed Apr 26 18:55:33 UTC 2017

On 04/26/2017 11:55 AM, Mike Perkins wrote:
> You didn't read the article, did you? This would bite any mythtv user
> just the same.
>
> The BROADCASTER changed the TRANSMISSION format. At the minimum, you
> would need to do a rescan. If you were unlucky, you'd have to buy a
> DVB-T2 tuner.

Yes I did read it. Here is the USA we don't have DVB-T we have ATSC, so
I am not familiar with DVB-T1 vs DVB-T2. Sorry.

Our cable company switched many channels to MPEG-4 X264 about 6 months
ago and there was no impact to my MythTV setup, it just uses less disk
space for each recording.

Actually the main impact has been that every time I talk to the cable
company about any trouble with the service, they immediately assume I am
having trouble because of MPEG4, and they start down that road.