[mythtv-users] unstable backend

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 21 21:48:27 UTC 2017

On 22 April 2017 4:01:49 AM Gabe Rubin <gaberubin at gmail.com> wrote:

> I will look into fixing journal.  Meanwhile, I am still getting fluky
> issues where the my recordings are empty.  I put my backend log here:
> https://pastebin.com/ZaB2Jxqa
>
> It looks like there are some issues, but I am unable to identify/diagnose
> them.  Again, any help would be greatly appreciated.

I had a quick scan through your log file but only saw one recording which appeared to be successful, was it in fact zero bytes ( "60 Days In":"Atlanta: Bloods Rising" ) ?

Otherwise you have a number of existing orphaned recording entries where the BE is looking for files but can't find them. I have previously found that they can cause odd behaviour in places so it might be worth running find_orphans.py to clear them out.

There was one warning about a slow write but I wouldnt particularly worry about it unless you got a lot of them ( TFWWrite threadedfilewriter.cpp:571 (DiskLoop) - TFW(/storage/recordings/2190_20170421040000.ts:61): write(65424) cnt 35 total 2220656 -- took a long time, 2934 ms ).