[mythtv-users] LiveTV attempts to tune unavailable channel when entering LiveTV

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 02:18:53 UTC 2017

So I've got an interesting situation that I haven't quite been able to
figure out.

My parents system has two HDPVR connected to cable boxes, and an
HDHomeRun connected to an antenna. So both have different channel
sources.

I have the system set up so that when selecting Live TV the backend
will first try the HDPVR since they have more channels available to
them, then fall back to the HDHR if both are recording.

However, sometimes when both HDPVR are recording the backend will try
to enter live tv on the HDHR on a channel that is not in the source
channel lineup for the HDHR, which causes live tv to fail. My mom is
not a fan of that.

I used to be able to go into the cardinput table and change the start
channel number to one the HDHR can tune and that would fix the issue.

Since I recently upgraded their setup to 0.28 I'd like to see if I
can't resolve the issue of the backend trying a channel that source
can't use and having to do some SQL intervention to fix it. If anyone
has figured out how and why to fix it?

I also now need to see how to fix the startchan issue in 0.28...

thanks!

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!