[mythtv-users] Are there Memory leaks in 0.28 Mythfrontend?

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 23:38:05 UTC 2017

On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 8:57 PM, Greg Oliver <oliver.greg at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 3:33 PM, Gary Buhrmaster <gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com>
> wrote:

>> In which case you should be able to do a git bisect.
>> Which is likely the best way to identify the issue.

> Can my backend stay on the current version while I try out other versions of
> 0.28 on the frontend (same machine in this case).  There are very few times
> it is not recording.  I have never tried these things.

The stated goal is that there are no schema changes
in the same version, so it may be possible, but within
a version there may be library header changes that
would force one to update both the libraries and the
rest of the binaries all together to keep them running.

However, if you have another system available it
should also be possible (and likely easier to insure
no badness results) to install a frontend on that system,
leaving your current installation in a fully operating
mode.