[mythtv-users] Are there Memory leaks in 0.28 Mythfrontend?

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 20:57:44 UTC 2017

On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 3:33 PM, Gary Buhrmaster <gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 8:10 PM, Greg Oliver <oliver.greg at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > 10 days in, my machine OOM'ed mythfronend - it was hogging 10GB ram when
> it
> > happened.  The previous 0.28 version (I do not have the specifics of
> > version) did not have this issue.  It ran for over a month with no
> issues -
> > well, at least it did not OOM.
>
> In which case you should be able to do a git bisect.
> Which is likely the best way to identify the issue.

Yes, that is possible.  I'm going to feel like an idiot now, but....

I have not built mythtv since ~2011

Can my backend stay on the current version while I try out other versions
of 0.28 on the frontend (same machine in this case).  There are very few
times it is not recording.  I have never tried these things..

Sorry, but I do not have time to experiment with my backend.  I have
bisected kernel issues before though, so I can do that - I just cannot take
my backend out of action except on Sundays between 11am and noon..

Thanks