[mythtv-users] worth upgrading to 0.28?

Anthony Giggins seven at seven.dorksville.net
Wed Apr 12 23:51:34 UTC 2017

On 13 April 2017 at 04:27, Andrew Codrington <andrew.codrington at fidenti.ca>
wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 5:46 PM, Jerome Yuzyk <jerome at supernet.ab.ca>
> wrote:
>
>> <deletia>
>> Thanks. I was mostly wondering whether there might be something really
>> compelling to jump at or avoid the full upgrade from Fedora 22 to 25 and
>> 0.27
>> to 0.28. F23 is the last release to have 0.27 and I'm doing that upgrade
>> now.
>>

> Might not be relevant for you, but for me it seems like my HDPVR is much
> more stable with my .28 installation on Ubuntu.
>
> I didn't take careful notes so can't prove it wasn't other updates in the
> distro, all I know is I never get 0 length recordings from the HDPVR
> anymore.
>
> I didn't make any changes to HDPVR firmware or power supply at the time
> and wasn't expecting support to get better but it very definitely did. I
> ran for a time on Ubuntu 14.?? and then 16.04, both with Myth .28 and the
> HDPVR worked great in both configurations for the first time in many years.

Let me start by saying that 0.28 is great, and thank you to the mythtv devs.

However my Biggest bug bear with 0.28 is kinda not really an issue with
mythtv itself, but since the changes to the API (GET verses POST from
memory) many remote applications no longer work, including Torc, Mymote &
Mobilemyth (unfortunately as the API was never meant to change and these
APPS are no longer supported by their devs theres nothing that can be done)
:(

Ofcourse a simple fix would be to allow both POST & GET on the API commands
as a work around but I'm not sure how simple that is or if its even
possible...

Also theres no pre-compiled Windows Frontend builds for 0.28, and despite
attempting to build them myself I keep hitting brick walls :(

Cheers,

Anthony