[mythtv-users] adding a scroller-blocker to a theme

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Tue Apr 11 22:55:52 UTC 2017

On Sunday, October 18, 2015 1:35:13 PM MDT John P Poet wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 18, 2015 at 1:14 PM Jerome Yuzyk <jerome at supernet.ab.ca> wrote:
> > Yet again the scroller at the bottom of the screen during a football game
> > has flashed the score of a game I'm recording to watch after it. And it's
> > distracting, like flashy bits on a web page. Time to make up another piece
> > of card to block off that part of the screen.
> >
> > But could this be done with an overlay defined by a theme?
>
> That is not a bad idea.  It would take support by the underlying myth UI
> code, though.
>
> What I have always done in a situation like this, is use the manual-zoom
> option.  I zoom-in a couple of notches, and the move it down a couple of
> notches.  Yes, that means that you loose a bit off of each side, but it
> works.

Was scrolling through old saved lists messages I have and thought I'd answer
in case there are other sports fans who care.

I went to a fabric store and bought a length of 3" waistband elastic that was
a foot less than 2X the width of my monitor, stapled the ends together and
pull that over the bottom of my screen, stapled end at the back. 3" is
overkill - 2" would suffice. Hacky, but effective.

--
A little of Jerome's MythTV World: http://mythtv.bss.ab.ca