[mythtv-users] Subtitle problems with recordings

Peter Bennett cats22 at comcast.net
Tue Apr 11 16:04:20 UTC 2017

On 04/11/2017 11:02 AM, Klaus Geser wrote:

> Hello
> I am new to mythtv, using it for about 4 months. thx a lot, I
> appreciate all your work done for this great app.
> I am deaf and rely on recordings with subtitles (Menu:
> Subtitles->Teletext CC). I notice a lot of missing subtitles, the old
> subtitle stays for a long time, till a new one comes or it is removed
> after about 10 seconds. 1 to 2 subtitles can be missing. The issue is
> 100% reproducable. The logs don't show any errors and it happens with
> all stations.
> The vlc player on windows shows the subtitles without problems. I am
> not sure if I have seen subtitle issues with videos (different than TT
> CC), when there would be some, they are not that apparent as with the
> recordings.
> Are there any known issues with mythtv 0.28? Setup problem? Anyone
> else experiencing the same problems.
> Thx in advance for your help, Karl

Does the vlc player show the subtitles correctly on the same recordings?
Perhaps subtitles on DVDS or other videos are superior and more accurate
than on TV recordings?

What version of MythTV are you using? ffmpeg is used for subtitles and
there are newer versions of ffmpeg in later versions on MythTV.

Peter