[mythtv-users] worth upgrading to 0.28?

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Mon Apr 10 20:32:20 UTC 2017

I'm currently running MythTV 0.27.6-2 on Fedora 22 and while it has some rough
edges, mostly due to PulseAudio I think, at least I'm familiar with them.

Now that the NHL Hockey playoffs are coming up I'm wondering if 0.28 on Fedora
25 will be worth the effort.

Currently I have a Motorola DCT-700 feeding a Hauppauge PVR-500 and a Motorola
DCX-3200M feeding Firewire.

I could just upgrade to Fedora 23 and stay with MythTV 0.27 and maybe gain
some patches to PulseAudio, or go all the way to 0.28 and get some MythTV
upgrades.

I've read through https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Release_Notes_-_0.28 and don't
see anything that would benefit me for TV recording.

Would the move to 0.28  be of any benefit that I'm not seeing?

--
A little of Jerome's MythTV World: http://mythtv.bss.ab.ca