[mythtv-users] Schedules all WRONG

Michael Papet mpapet at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 6 04:16:55 UTC 2017

To: Discussion about MythTV <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Schedules all WRONG

On 03/28/2017 03:32 PM, Lee Maisel wrote:

> I am using the stock grabber, maybe I should use a different one?
>
> When I do a channel scan, how do I ensure the information is correct?
> I would assume it is, as it was provided by the broadcaster? maybe?  I
> don't really know much about it.
>
> I guess if I could come up with an accurate XMLTVID for each channel
> found, it would solve my problems, but how to do that?
>
> It seems some found channels don't even have one!

It's important to understand the channel scan is entirely different than the joining the schedule information to the known broadcast frequencies on your system.  A subscription to Schedulesdirect.org takes the pain of figuring out these details away.
It's worth every penny.  And yes, some channels don't publish a schedule even after you pay a little.
mpapet