[mythtv-users] Loss of HD channels and others from UK Sandy Heath

Paul M dazzle750 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 3 07:26:35 UTC 2017

After getting interference on recordings I did a full re-scan of channels (I tend to do this once every six months anyway). Afterwards I had lost the channels from the 474000000 (same if I try 4742000000 and 474166000000) (BBC 1 HD et. al.) and 714000000 (ITV3 et. al.) frequencies.

scan-dvb can find the channels on 474000000 if I use QAM64 but not QAM256 but tzap doesn’t get a lock on them. scan-dvb finds the channels on 714000000 and Myth enters the frequency into the database if I do a manual scan but finds no channels.

I was wondering if anyone else has had a problem or has an idea on how to pinpoint where the problem lies (aerial, tuners, Myth etc.) If I re-tune the TV it picks up all the channels except the moved Tiny Pop (can’t test the HD channels as it hasn’t got an HD tuner).

I am using Myth 0.27/fixes (latest build) on Gentoo with a 3.18 kernel. Tuners are a PCTV 290e (for the HD channels) and Hauppage Nova-T 500. Info for Sandy Heath transmitter https://ukfree.tv/transmitters/tv/Sandy_Heath

Thanks for any help.

Paul