[mythtv-users] Resolving transaction errors updating to mythTV 26.1 on CentOS

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Fri Sep 23 23:01:03 UTC 2016

On 23/09/16 23:11, Jon Burgess wrote:
> On Fri, 2016-09-23 at 16:45 -0500, Ben wrote:
>> Alas, it looks like 0.26.1 is the latest RPM available to "install
>> and go"
>>
>> (someone please correct me if that's not the case?)
>
> The newest packages for CentOS at rpmfusion are 0.26.1. Looking at http
> ://rpm.pbone.net I see there are CentOS packages for 0.27 at http://www
> .li.nux.ro/repos.html. Otherwise you need to move to Fedora or another
> distro if you want newer pre-built RPMs.
>
> Personally I run mythtv on Fedora using the rpmfusion packages and
> Richard Shaw has done a great job of keeping the packages updated.
>
> 	Jon

Going from an ATrpms myth system to rpmfusion was always thought to be
problematic.  Stephen Collier has built his repo up from the ATrpms
foundations and you might find his packages more compatible with what
you have - but I haven't used them recently myself.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/602411#602411

John P