[mythtv-users] Raspberry Pi 3 WiFi

Chad Lauritsen csl4jc at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 15:23:40 UTC 2016

I have a Raspberry Pi 3 running a frontend (with remote mythbuntu 0.28
backend) installed on top of Raspbian jessie.

I'm very pleased with it as a frontend. Once I increased the video ram to
256M, it has worked flawlessly, when connected via ethernet. I cannot seem
to get it to work satisfactorily via WiFi however. I would add that WiFi
access works fine for other frontends, such as a mac book pro and a mac
mini on the same network.

Over WiFi, everything works except for HD playback. HD content is
unwatchable: very choppy and appears to be "buffering" every second or so.
I have tried a few things such as increasing the tcp receive buffer size,
further increasing video RAM, modifying the power mgmt features of the wifi
interface--all to no avail.

Has anyone had success using mythfrontend to view HD content on a raspberry
pi 3 over wifi? If so, what distro did you use and what config changes did
you make if any?

It's important to me because I plan to expand and add frontends where I
don't have ethernet.

csl