[mythtv-users] mythfrontend locks up navigating menus on raspberry pi

Peter Bennett cats22 at comcast.net
Thu Sep 22 21:29:12 UTC 2016

On 09/22/2016 03:39 PM, jrh wrote:
> I’ve been having troubles with menus locking up with this on both ubuntu-mate as well as on raspbian, so I decided to start with a fresh raspbian install for using mythtv-light.
>
> And no change. Sometimes I can make it through 2-4 screens in the menu. looking at logs, I don’t see anything obvious that would cause it. I do sometimes see a mysql error Driver error [2/2027] for various queries, but not repeatably.
>
> Help!
I am using raspbian daily on two raspberry pi 2's and I have not seen
this. The one place I have hang-ups is when my powerline network goes
down, which it does for a couple of minutes every couple of hours, but
this hangs any frontend, not just raspberry pi.

Please can you let me know what theme you are using, and what precise
sequence of menus or screens is causing the hang, so that I can try to
reproduce it. Also, what do you see? It is just showing the last menu
and never changing to the next one?

Do you have anything unusual on the raspberry pi? For example a hard
drive attached? Is this using a remote or a keyboard? Could it be a
problem with the remote? What type of remote are you using?

Peter