[mythtv-users] mythweb music authentication for every track

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Thu Sep 22 01:16:26 UTC 2016

Just remembered (after 3-4 months) to turn on authentication in new
install of mythweb (0.28) but now I get prompted for user/pass for every
music track I play.

I see in mythweb/includes/defines.php that root_auth_url can be generated
to include the user:pass at host format and that  mp3act_functions.php uses
this value in its stream_url function to create the m3u file.

Manually editing the m3u playlist file with the user:pass at host format
works great but I'm unclear as to why its not created in this format on an
authenticated connection in the first place.

Is this a long standing bug or do I have to enable an option hidden
somewhere in the depths of mythweb?

Cheers

--
Robin Gilks