[mythtv-users] Storage group for holding recordings but not recording them

Stuart Auchterlonie stuarta at squashedfrog.net
Wed Sep 21 12:10:30 UTC 2016

On 20/09/16 18:57, jrh wrote:

>> On Sep 20, 2016, at 1:43 PM, Ian Evans <dheianevans at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Think I'm not seeing this clearly as I'm away from home dealing with a sick relative but need to do some housekeeping on my mythbox.
>>
>> I want to move a handful of recordings to an external USB drive I have attached to my system. I know I need to add the directory to my storage groups, but how do I make the directory available to Watch Recordings but not available to new recordings?
>>

> If you want to unplug the external drive and store it elsewhere, and then bring it back at a later date, then the recordings should be exported to video.
> However, plug n play usb is broken currently in mythtv and there is a ticket for it. something about udisks2 is different than udisks..
>
> OT, I would sure like to be able to use the plug n play for USB, but haven’t found the time to fix udisks2 implementation within mythtv.

It's not that the udisks2 needs fixing, it needs *implementing*.
We had implemented this using udisks (ie udisks1) interface,
which almost no distro is shipping anymore. udisks2 is now
the common interface.

However udisks2 is a completely different API, not a drop in
replacement. So unfortunately the whole thing needs rewriting.

I'm interested to know, how did people used to use this
functionality?

Regards
Stuart Auchterlonie