[mythtv-users] Duplicate detection

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Sep 20 17:13:58 UTC 2016

On 09/20/2016 12:43 PM, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
> Hoi Michael,
>
> Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 6:26:37 PM, you wrote:
>> If you have a real program ID, you'd use:
>> <episode-num system="dd_progid">your progam id value, possibly with
>> authority</episode-num>
>> and note that you can specify an episode-num for both systems, dd_progid
>> and xmltv_ns, for each program.
>> I don't think we have a means of specifying the series ID with the XMLTV
>> parser, currently.  I know Gary Burhmaster was doing some patches to
>> improve the XMLTV parser to allow more data, but I'm not sure if he
>> included a patch for specifying series ID (let alone if the XMLTV spec
>> even allows a place to store it).
>
> Thanks, I was already trying to make sense of the code (I do not
> really know C) and I came upon that dd_progid. It already is an
> extension to the xmltv.dtd as that only knows xmltv_ns and onscreen.

Ah, I thought they had added that one, but it seems you're right.

> I also see themoviedb.org and thetvdb.com in the code, so an inetref
> can be added too.

That's cool.  I didn't know they were "there"--they're listed as
potential ones in the DTD.

> But to be clear, multiple episode-num tags can be added??

Yes.  That's the * (0 or more allowed) after episode-num in
http://xmltv.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/xmltv/xmltv/xmltv.dtd at:

<!ELEMENT programme (title+, sub-title*, desc*, credits?, date?,
                      category*, keyword*, language?, orig-language?,
                      length?, icon*, url*, country*, episode-num*,
                      video?, audio?, previously-shown?, premiere?,
                      last-chance?, new?, subtitles*, rating*,
                      star-rating*, review* )>

> I also in the code see it checking whether `uniqueid` is empty prior
> to starting to create a programid, but I do not see it retrieving it
> from anywhere.

I've never looked into why that's there, but I always assumed it was
some historical remnant that's now old/dead code or someone had put it
in as a start of something they hadn't finished, yet.

Mike