[mythtv-users] Duplicate detection

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 15:03:36 UTC 2016

On 20/09/16 15:14, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 09/19/2016 04:24 AM, Jan Ceuleers wrote:
>> update program set programid="";
>
> BTW, if your program IDs are done correctly, this is not required (it's
> actually a bad thing).  If the program IDs specify an authority (i.e.
> they include a '/', making it an ID in the form "authority/ID"), the ID
> is only used for comparison against other programs with the same
> authority.

IIUC this partitions duplicate matching, such that duplicates would be
found for repeats on channels whose metadata comes from the same source,
but still not for repeats that span listings data sources. In order to
achieve that I believe (but do correct me if I'm wrong) that I need to
continue erasing the programids.

It would have caught the specific example I gave though, since it seems
that the three showings of Escape from Alcatraz were (in one case will
be) broadcast by the very same channel.

Thanks, Jan