[mythtv-users] WinTV PVR 500 PCI express

Curtis Gedak gedakc at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 15:13:03 UTC 2016

On 2016-09-14 06:15 AM, Rajil Saraswat wrote:

> Is HVR-19xx an external box? I was more interested in a internal card.
> The model HVR-2205/2200 looks interesting with dual tuner support. I
> noticed it is possible to connect two daughter cards on the main board.
> Can it do two recordings concurrently via the daughter cards (composite
> input) like the PVR-500? Also, is it supported under Linux/Mythtv?

I'm using an older version Hauppauge HVR-2250 of the internal dual tuner
card mentioned.  I can confirm that this older version does support two
concurrent recordings and works with both digital and analog input.  If
you are curious I wrote an article [1] about how I installed Mythbuntu
14.04 to work with this card.

[1]
http://gedakc.users.sourceforge.net/display-doc.php?name=pvr-install-mythbuntu1404

Please note that the Hauppauge HVR-2255/2205 is a newer card and has
some some extra configuration steps listed on the Hauppauge site [2] to
configure it to work with GNU/Linux.

[2] http://www.hauppauge.com/site/support/linux.html#tabs-2

'Hope that helps.

Curtis