[mythtv-users] Unable to connect to database.

Forum forum-da at padaba.de
Mon Sep 12 19:37:38 UTC 2016

Hi,

after upgrading complete System, I've installed MythTV 0.27.0 on Linux
Mint. Bevore upgrading, I've had 0.26 installed.

To restore Database, I've changed to path
         cd /usr/share/mythtv
and then I've tried to restore database:
         ./mythconverg_restore.pl --directory
/var/lib/mythtv/db_backups  --verbose --drop_database --create_database

But I've received an error:

Unable to connect to database.
            database: mythconverg
            host: localhost
            username: mythtv
            password: xxxxxxxx

I've tried to reconfigure:
     sudo dpkg-reconfigure mythtv-common

But this does also not work.

Now, it seems that I'm facing the problem that I'm not able to connect
to database.

Could you help me?

Cheers