[mythtv-users] Unable to change default playback screen

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 00:56:40 UTC 2016

Hoi Oz,

Thursday, September 8, 2016, 2:30:57 AM, you wrote:

> mythtv version 0.28

> I have a multi-monitor system (twinview). In version 0.27 of mythtv
> I selected the default playback screen in the setup->appearance (if
> I remember it correctly). Now I have added additional monitor.  I
> cannot find where one can select the default monitor for playback.

> Any help will be appreciated.

> Thanks

That's indeed where it is in 0.27 the first screen together with
aspect ratio etc. But it only shows up when there are multiple
screens. Or better said if mythtv can detect it. I had before on one
of my system issues with that because I did not have xinerama enabled.
Even when you use the nvidia driver that uses its own version of
xinerama you need those libraries for proper multi screen detection.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop