[mythtv-users] HDHomerun problems

Jeff Clemens teedub303 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 17:25:16 UTC 2016

On Thu, Sep 1, 2016 at 9:57 AM, Kirk Bocek <t004 at kbocek.com> wrote:

> On 9/1/2016 9:32 AM, Jeff Clemens wrote:
>
>> I'm not on cable, as I said in the original message, I'm using OTA (an
>> antenna, over the air, 8VSB, us-bcast).  The HDHomerun is able to scan
>> channels and lock to them from hdhomrun_config, but myth cannot do the same
>> thing...
>>

> My bad. I see HDHomerun and all I think of is cable. I do have a couple of
> classic models and have been meaning to set them up with an in-attic
> antenna.

Unfortunately, Gmail makes it difficult to not top post, so I often forget,
sorry.

Anyway, it looks like it is a firewall issue.  When I disable firewalld, it
works as it should.  I ran tcpdump while scanning in mythtv, and it looks
like it uses random ports, but the source port is always the same, so I
added the source port to firewalld, and it seems to work.

Hopefully this is the solution.

Thanks,

Jeff