[mythtv-users] HDHomerun problems

Curtis Gedak gedakc at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 17:18:14 UTC 2016

On 2016-09-01 10:14 AM, Jeff Clemens wrote:
> I'm trying to run my backend on a Fedora 24 workstation, with the frontend
> (which I haven't even gotten to yet) on a Dell Zino box.
>
> Anyway, The HDHomerun seems to be working according to hdhomerun_config.  I
> can do a scan, and it will find the channels that I normally can see on my
> TV.  The problem is, when I do a scan from mythsetup, It locks on the
> signal, but can't find the channels.
>
> I don't have cable, so I'm using us-bcast and 8vsb.  Any idea what I'm
> doing wrong?

Hi Jeff,

In case it helps, I wrote an article about setting up an ATSC HDHomeRun
tuner on a PVR running Mythbuntu.  While this isn't exactly the same
configuration as yours, the setup steps after installing Mythbuntu might
help.  You can skip the selecting hardware steps.

See Building MythTV PVR with HDHomeRun Network Tuner
http://gedakc.users.sourceforge.net/display-doc.php?name=pvr-mythtv-hdhomerun

Curtis