[mythtv-users] pixalated live tv images

Peter Bennett cats22 at comcast.net
Mon Oct 31 16:14:40 UTC 2016

On 10/31/2016 11:07 AM, Kevin Johnson wrote:
> So I guess what is happening is that the underlying “theme layout” is
> bleeding through to the live tv image.
> I dont know how to exactly explain this. Hopefully what I am saying
> will make sense to someone???
> One other note. Using the normal option under playback instead of
> vdpau also makes the distortion disappear.
> Can I gather more information somehow that might further help figure
> out what is going on?

Which page is "bleeding through"? Is it the On Screen Display, as when
you press the info key (I)? I did recently fix a couple of bugs where
the On Screen Display was not properly disappearing after being shown.

Have you installed the latest PPA 0.28 version? The one that comes with
ubuntu/mythbuntu has a number of problems.

It looks like you are using VDPAU playback profile. Can you also try
OpenGL playback profile.

Can you let me know which theme painter you are using.You could try QT
and OpenGL theme painters and see which is causing the problem.

NOTE you cannot use QT theme painter with OpenGL playback profile. Try
other combinations.

Let me know which combinations of playback profile and theme painter
cause the problem.

Peter