[mythtv-users] MythTV qtwebkit dependency

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 19:35:43 UTC 2016

On Sun, Oct 30, 2016 at 9:53 AM, Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com> wrote:

> For the most part the same is true for me even with older hardware.
> The qtwebkit5 compile took almost six hours but finally finished. One
> step of it required enough RAM that I ended up stopping mythfrontend
> to free some up. I'm actually compiling mythtv 0.28 now.

Nice...my upgrade finished and everything went flawlessly. Recording /
watching NFL games now.

I have to say thanks to all the devs on this...I am *really* liking
what I see so far. The changes I've noticed so far:

1. While I'm still pretty used to using mythweb, the new WebFrontend
is really coming along great! Loving what I see there so far.

2. With the update to ffmpeg I can now watch videos I download with
youtube-dl that happen to have opus audio without jumping through
hoops.

3. An issue I've noticed watching video files where attempting to jump
minutes past the end of the file used to get hung for a long time on
"Searching..." has apparently been fixed.

4. I really don't miss mythlogserver ;)

Really awesome as usual.

Tom