[mythtv-users] Channel 7 recordings (Australia)

Mike Holden mikeholden99+mythtv at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 04:13:06 UTC 2016

On 30 October 2016 at 11:36, Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is probably a bit of a dumb question, but anyway...
>
> In Sydney, Australia there are a number of differentr channels under the
> Channel banner: Channel 7, 7Mate and 7TWO. I've only recently realised that
> when I record somethign for Channel 7, it actually records 7Mate.
>
> I'm expect this is a very simple fix - I just don't know how to fix it! Is
> this a problem with my Channel Editor settings where I need to change the
> Channel Number, perhaps? Or do I need to rescan the channels (I hope not as
> this always turns into a big job!)
>
> Regards,
> Phill

Not a dumb question, just dumb broadcasters!

In NSW, the channel that is listed in the broadcast metadata as 7 is
actually 7MateHD, so use this one in preference to the advertised 7Mate,
which is only SD simulcast.

You don't get 7HD, so go with the regular 7.

I'm also in Sydney (Sutherland area), and for me, channum 7 = 7, 70 = 7Mate
HD, 76 = 7flix, 72 = 7TWO.

According to Wikipedia, it's something to do with having 7mate in HD for
certain sports broadcasts (AFL). Some of the other states and territories
get 7HD on 70, but not NSW.

If you have access to Mythweb on your system, this is an easy fixup in the
Channel Editor page. Make sure you update the channel name, callsign and
xmltvid. I assume you use Shepherd for listings download, so you may need
to rerun the configure option for that.