[mythtv-users] MythMusic Radio Streams

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Wed Oct 26 09:47:56 UTC 2016

On 24/10/16 11:12, Robin Gilks wrote:

> I've used this facility since before it became an 'official' part of the
> music plugin and I was heartened to see its continued support and a much
> better interface to select online stations.
>
> What I have found frustrating though is the number of stations that don't
> play and display "Decoder error". Is this the listings that are wrong or
> am I missing a library of some sort?
>
> Cheers

There can be a number of reasons why a stream wont play.

We now keep the list of available streams on our server and the master
backend checks for updates periodically. Unfortunately I haven't updated
the list for a while so it's possible some streams have been removed or
updated in the master database we use but our list doesn’t have the
changes yet.

It could be the database we use (http://www.radiosure.com/stations/) has
bad data, it's a user generated list so you can help everyone if you
find a mistake by correcting it.

Some stations are geo blocked so depending on your geographical location
you may be blocked from playing them.

It could also be our player is having trouble playing a particular
stream. If you find one that wont play but you can play using another
player then open a ticket in trac and maybe someone will take a look.

Paul H.