[mythtv-users] Disable Mythical Bookmark

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 20:35:06 UTC 2016

Hoi Mike,

> On 18 October 2016 at 20:35, Tim Draper <veehexx at zoho.com>wrote:

>   ---- On Tue, 04 Oct 2016 22:11:09 +0100 Mark Goldberg
> <marklgoldberg at gmail.com> wrote ----
  >> Is there any easy way to disable the new "Mythical Bookmark" that is in 0.28? I have off the air TV in the US and Schedules Direct, and they often start the program up to a minute off. I used to just fast forward to when it starts, or just wait, which required no action. Now, I have to jump back on most of the recordings to see the start of the show. I don't find it helpful to start playback after the preroll in my circumstance. I am sure is it helpful to other people. An option to use it or not use it would be useful.
  >>
  >> Mark
  >>
>

>  i cant directly help, but i dint really understand why they
> implimented this feature. when i last enquired about this function,
> The easiest way to "disable" this was to add 1min to the 'start early record' option.
>

> I have to say that here in Australia, this feature is really
> useful. Because of the random nature of program start times, my
> default setting is to pre-record 15 minutes, and post-record 30
> minutes, because it really is necessary, and not just because of
> occasional special incidents (important breaking news etc.), that's
> just the way the networks run over here! I always found it a real
> pain to skip 15 minutes forward at the start of most programs.

button-up/down 10 min skipping
button-right 1 min forward
button-left 10 sec backward

very fast in finding the real start, so no need for a just as random
'magical?' startpoint that makes searching for the start only slower
as you have to look two ways.

> I agree though that an option to enable it or disable it should be available.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop