[mythtv-users] Disable Mythical Bookmark

Mike Holden mikeholden99+mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 20:23:10 UTC 2016

On 18 October 2016 at 20:35, Tim Draper <veehexx at zoho.com> wrote:

>  ---- On Tue, 04 Oct 2016 22:11:09 +0100 Mark Goldberg <
> marklgoldberg at gmail.com> wrote ----
>  > Is there any easy way to disable the new "Mythical Bookmark" that is in
> 0.28? I have off the air TV in the US and Schedules Direct, and they often
> start the program up to a minute off. I used to just fast forward to when
> it starts, or just wait, which required no action. Now, I have to jump back
> on most of the recordings to see the start of the show. I don't find it
> helpful to start playback after the preroll in my circumstance. I am sure
> is it helpful to other people. An option to use it or not use it would be
> useful.
>  >
>  > Mark
>  >

> i cant directly help, but i dint really understand why they implimented
> this feature. when i last enquired about this function,  The easiest way to
> "disable" this was to add 1min to the 'start early record' option.

I have to say that here in Australia, this feature is really useful.
Because of the random nature of program start times, my default setting is
to pre-record 15 minutes, and post-record 30 minutes, because it really is
necessary, and not just because of occasional special incidents (important
breaking news etc.), that's just the way the networks run over here! I
always found it a real pain to skip 15 minutes forward at the start of most
programs.

I agree though that an option to enable it or disable it should be
available.