[mythtv-users] Failed recordings tuner?

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 17:20:38 UTC 2016

On Sat, Oct 8, 2016 at 10:04 AM Barry Martin <barry3martin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Folks!
>
> Is there a way to see which tuner a show was recorded on after the fact?
> 'Upcoming Recordings' displays the tuner number but 'Previously Recorded'
> doesn't (or else I don't know how to find that - yet!).
>
> Problem is will have failed recordings and trying to figure out which
> tuner is the culprit.  (Thinking more the coax from splitter to tuner.)
> Last night two shows on Channel 8 failed but this morning the one show on
> Channel 8 was fine.  (And Channel 8 is 1,000 KW ERP.; transmitter about 20
> miles from here.)
>
> TIA!
> Barry

In theory, this is available in 0.28, but it requires specific theme
support, and I don't know which, if any, themes showed the "Recording
Input" element.

If you are using the 'master' version of MythTV, then you can just hit
'I'(nfo) [twice] with the recording selected, to see the recording input.
In 'master' this is no longer theme dependent.

If you want to use it with 0.28, and your theme of choice does not show the
info, you could try editing that theme's htmls/progdetails_page2.html file,
and add a line like:

    <h1>%RECORDING_INPUT_LABEL%</h1> <p>%RECORDING_INPUT%</p>

I believe that should work, but I have not tested it.

John