[mythtv-users] Failed recordings tuner?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Oct 8 16:46:11 UTC 2016

On 10/8/2016 12:40 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 10/8/2016 12:02 PM, Barry Martin wrote:
>>
>> Hi Folks!
>>
>> Is there a way to see which tuner a show was recorded on after the
>> fact?  'Upcoming Recordings' displays the tuner number but
>> 'Previously Recorded' doesn't (or else I don't know how to find that
>> - yet!).
>>
>> Problem is will have failed recordings and trying to figure out which
>> tuner is the culprit.  (Thinking more the coax from splitter to
>> tuner.)  Last night two shows on Channel 8 failed but this morning
>> the one show on Channel 8 was fine.  (And Channel 8 is 1,000 KW ERP.;
>> transmitter about 20 miles from here.)
>>
>> TIA!
>>

> Because the tuners change around (depending on configuration, as
> little as when you change your system or even as much as every
> reboot), the information is not stored when we record a show (because
> it would be either meaningless or--worse--misleading in many (most?)
> situations).  Instead, we output a message in the backend log file
> that includes the tuner in use when we start a recording.

FWIW, I haven't used it in forever (since 0.24), but:

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Which_recorder.pl

If you try it out and it works with logs from more-current MythTV
versions, please update the wiki page.  Or, if it doesn't and you fix it
(fix the regex), please feel free to update the script on the page.

Thanks,
Mike