[mythtv-users] Deleting Recordings

Jay Foster jayf0ster at roadrunner.com
Wed Oct 5 15:38:09 UTC 2016

On 10/5/2016 8:13 AM, Simon Hobson wrote:
> Mike Perkins <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:
>
>> [1] Unless you are doing bulk deletes of, say, 1,000 or more recordings because your disk died; in which case you probably shouldn't be recording something at the same time anyway.
> I assume you mean deleting the recording data from Myth because the file is no longer there ?
> In which case, I find that this seems to affect everything - if I do the "add stuff to playlist, delete playlist" trick on a bunch of recordings with missing files, the system grinds to a complete halt (playback freezes completely until it's done). In any case, this is a different situation to normal deletes.

No, I'm talking about normal deletes.  When I reach the end of a
recording while watching it, I select the delete option.  This moves the
recording to the deleted recordings group, where it subsequently gets
scheduled for actual deletion 24 hours later.  I would like to know if
that 24 hours is a hard timeout or if MythTV will delay it if the system
is otherwise busy at that time.  For example, I have my MythTV system
(combined frontend, backend) configured to not perform comm flagging
during prime time hours.  Does MythTV do something similarly with
recording deletion automatically based on scheduled activity?

Jay