[mythtv-users] Deleting Recordings

Jay Foster jayf0ster at roadrunner.com
Wed Oct 5 14:17:02 UTC 2016

I'm running 0.27.6 and have a question about how MythTV deletes recordings.

I configured MythTV to not delete recordings for 1 day after I select
delete.  As I understand this functionality, MythTV moves the deleted
recording into the Deleted Recordings group for the specified time (1
day = 24 hours), and then schedules it for actual deletion.  My question
is, does MythTV take into account other activities when the 'time to
delete' arrives, such as other recordings taking place, before
performing the delete?  I would like MythTV to not start a deletion when
it is otherwise busy recording. I do not want recordings to be affected
due to I/O or CPU constraints that might arise while recording multiple
programs.  I also have the slow delete feature enabled.

Jay