[mythtv-users] calling dvico owners (was: updating a keymap)

Vincent McIntyre vincent.mcintyre at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 09:15:39 UTC 2016

This is a follow up to my message earlier this month.

To get the remote working required some new kernel support,
kindly written by Sean Young. [1]. The basics work, although
there are some funnies with KEY_foo codes between 127 & 255.

But a big piece is missing - we don't know what protocol the remote
is sending. Sean explains it this way:

  So all we know right now is what scancode the IR receiver hardware
  produces but we have no idea what IR protocol is being used.
  In order to figure this out we need a recording of the IR the
  remote sends, for which a different IR receiver is needed.
  Neither your imon nor your dvb_usb_af9035 can do this, something
  like a mce usb IR receiver would be best. Do you have access to
  one? One with an IR emitter would be best.

  So with that we can have a recording of the IR the remote sends,
  and with the emitter we can see which IR protocols the IR receiver
  understands.

My question to the list is:
  if you have one of these (and the remote that came with it)

  $ lsusb | grep -i 0fe9:db78
  Bus 003 Device 003: ID 0fe9:db78 DVICO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual Digital 4 (ZL10353+xc2028/xc3028) (initialized)
  Bus 003 Device 002: ID 0fe9:db78 DVICO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual Digital 4 (ZL10353+xc2028/xc3028) (initialized)

  _and_ and something that can do an irrecord,

would you mind very much making a recording and making it available?
I can't do it for a couple of months, so if anyone here could chip in
that would be awesome.

Vince

[1] https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/9444465/