[mythtv-users] MySQL recordedseek regularly getting corrupted

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 23:17:00 UTC 2016

On 30 November 2016 at 10:13, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm at my wit ends and it's something I have to fix rather regularly.
> Used to be every few months, now it can happen several times a week.
>
> When that happen, I can no longer seek in the file.
>
> running mysqlcheck gives me:
> mythconverg.recordedseek
> error    : Can't create new tempfile: './mythconverg/recordedseek.TMD'
> status   : Operation failed

Running the instructions there:
https://admin-ahead.com/forum/general-linux/mysql-database-repair-errorcan't-create-new-tempfile-'-databasewp_posts-tmd'/

root at mediaserver-surrey1:/var/lib/mysql/mythconverg# myisamchk
recordedseek.MYI > log.txt
myisamchk: warning: Table is marked as crashed and last repair failed
MyISAM-table 'recordedseek.MYI' is usable but should be fixed